Winner Type: National
Variety Name: Solarscape® XL Pink Jewel F1
Common Name: Interspecific impatiens
Breeder: PanAmerican Seed
Close Market Comparison: Impatiens, Interspecific F1 sister, New Guinea Florific Lavender
Duration Type: Annual
Light Needs: Sun or shade
Water Needs: Normal
Dead Heading Recommended: No
Staking Required: No
Foliage Color: Medium green
Plant Habit: Mounded
Plant Height: 11-13 inches
Bloom Time: Late Spring to frost
Bloom Color: Pink
Bloom Color Pattern: Solitary perfect single flowers with rotate corolla
Bloom Size: 2.5-2.75 inches
Weather Tolerance: Rebounds from drought stress without flower bud abortion
Pollinator Friendly: Yes
Garden Spacing: 16-18 inches
Plant Spread: 18-20 inches
Hanging Basket: Yes
Medium Height Divider: Yes
Ideal for garden beds and containers. Thrives in full sun to part shade conditions. Water often to establish; once plants are established, medium watering is needed. Plants will take on substantial vigor as the season goes on and will embrace community behavior when planted in massing.
- The flowers on the entry plants are a beautiful color and have a nice pearlescent sheen that catches the eye from a distance.
- The entry has many more flowers.
- Strong flowering, good bloom size, nice habit.
- Spectacular all season, full of blooms with a great habit.
- This entry has an extremely high amount of flowers and the form is perfect in a container.