AAS WINNER DETAILS
Winner Type: National
Variety Name: DoubleShot™ Orange Bicolor F1
Common Name: Snapdragon
Type: Flowers from Seed
Breeder: Hems Genetics
Close Market Comparison: Liberty Classic Bronze
Duration Type: Annual
Light Needs: Full or partial sun
Water Needs: Normal
Dead Heading Recommended: No
Staking Required: No
Foliage Color: Green
Plant Habit: Upright
Plant Height: 18-20 inches
Bloom Time: Spring to light frost
Bloom Color: Orange-white
Bloom Color Pattern: Bicolor
Bloom Size: 1-2 inches
IN THE GARDEN
Pollinator Friendly: Yes
Weather Tolerance: Excellent frost and light freeze resistance, can be used as a season extender early or late season with Pansy and Viola
Garden Spacing: 12-16 inches
Medium Height Divider: Yes
Tall Background: Yes
Cut Flower: Yes
Days To First Flower (Sowing Seed): 77
Days To First Flower (Transplant): 42
HOW TO GROW
Plant in as much sun as possible for maximum flowering. Any good garden soil is good for Snapdragons, add some compost if the soil is hard and compacted. Water daily for the first week to 10 days until the plant roots into the soil. Then enjoy your flowers for the rest of the season.
- Double flowers are really nice and attractive.
- Strong stems didn’t break, even in hurricane winds.
- Loved the warm color and beautiful double blooms.
- Blooms all summer long, even through high temperatures.
- Truly stunning color, I just can’t stop admiring the subtle gradient throughout. Soft, dusky, romantic, yum!
There are no reviews yet, would you like to submit yours?