In this video, chef and story-teller Jonathan Bardzik demonstrates how to grow and cook with award-winning All-America Selections winning varieties. A printable recipe card is below.
- 1 Mini Love watermelon seeded and diced, about 6 cups
- 1 quart Midnight Snack cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2-3 Chili Pie peppers seeded and finely diced
- 2 tbs Dolce Fresca basil finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate or red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs honey
Mix together 4 cups Mini Love watermelon, Midnight Snack tomatoes, and onion.
Add lime zest and juice, Chili Pie pepper and Dolce Fresca basil.
Press remaining 2 cups of watermelon through a food mill or puree in a food processor and strain out solids.
Season to taste with vinegar, salt, pepper and honey. The salt brings out the flavors in the tomato and the honey make the watermelon pop. You’re looking for a good fruity, vegetal balance.
“This post is provided as an education/inspirational service of All-America Selections. Please credit and link to All-America Selections when using all or parts of this article.”