Whether your garden is overflowing at the peak of summer or you’re grabbing a little of everything from a late summer harvest this dish captures your favorite flavors from the summer garden in a one-dish supper!
In this video, chef and story-teller Jonathan Bardzik demonstrates how to grow and cook with award-winning All-America Selections winning varieties. A printable recipe card is below.
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Mad Hatter peppers seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 lbs Seychelles pole beans green beans cut into 2” pieces
- 3 Chef’s Choice Yellow tomatoes cored and diced
- 1/2 pound Prism kale deribbed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound pasta like macaroni
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped Dolce Fresca basil
- Freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a 6-8 quart pot of water to a boil. Season with 1 tbs salt.
Warm 2 tbs olive oil in a 12” skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and bay leaves, cook 1 minute longer until fragrant.
Add Matter Hatter Peppers and cook 2 minutes. Add Seychelles pole beans, Chef’s Choice Yellow tomatoes and Prism kale and cook until softened, about 5 minutes longer.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted water, until nearly al dente, still a little firm in the middle. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
Add pasta and reserved water to vegetables. Toss and cook until water has evaporated.
Stir through remaining 1 tbs olive oil, vinegar and basil.
Season to taste with salt, pepper, Parmesan and additional oil and vinegar as needed.